Sunday, December 18, 2011

Taking the Plunge

Warmest of welcomes to everyone who is joining me as I finally jump into the blogging world. Honestly it's about time that I do, but procrastination always won out. Some months ago, I lost my teaching job and not knowing what to do job-wise, I spoke to my super talented photographer sister who recommended that I start making headpieces and photo props. I looked into it and truth be told, I thought I could do it. Anyone who knows me knows that I love being creative, whether it's cooking, writing, party planning, or crazy art projects - I love it all! Nothing makes me happier and feel more alive than to make something with my hands. Suga Muffin Boutique was officially born in August 2011 and I have been learning and creating ever since. I have been lucky to have a wonderfully supportive family who believes in me even when I have felt that I couldn't do it. I have also found an amazing bunch of women all over the blogosphere, who are wildly successful doing the same thing I am trying to do. The best part is that these women freely give advice and guidance to newbies like me, along with immeasurable inspiration. Thank you to all of those women who do not know me, but have inspired me with all of  their stories of hard work and dedication that paid off. My goal is to succeed with Suga Muffin and have fun doing what I love along the way.

This blog will chronicle my journey with my new business venture as well as be a place for me to share recipes, household projects, and all the other things that are part and parcel of being a 32 year old wife and mother trying to make it in the wild world of headbands and headpieces. I am so excited to be sharing my journey with all of you and hope you all enjoy the ride.

Have a fantastic Sunday my little suga muffins. Christmas is but a week away. Let the countdown begin.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment