Sunday, December 18, 2011

Some Delightfully Delicious Looking Recipes

Hi everyone! With Christmas here before we know it, I thought it would be great to share some wonderful recipes that I just encountered on Pinterest and am simply dying to try. What is Pinterest you ask. Well, if you haven't already, you absolutely must check it out. It's an online pinboard where you can organize anything and everything you find on the web and have it at your fingertips for your quick perusal. It has revolutionized my life and my OCD list making ways. If you look on my side bar you will see a red "follow me on Pinterest" button. Click it and it will take you to all of my boards. However, in order for you to start pinning your favorite pics from the web you must sign up for a free account. Go click on my button and have blast exploring. Trust me you'll wonder how you ever lived without such an amazing invention.

Anywho, getting back on to the original point for this post, I found two yummy looking recipes that couldn't be simpler, with minimal ingredients, and endless imaginative possibilities. I haven't had a chance to make them yet, but am thinking that the Holidays would be a perfect time to sample these goodies. First up: Kiss Pies from the Picky Palette.  Ready-made pie crust, any flavor chocolate kiss your little heart desires and some egg wash and you have adorable and delectable mini chocolate pies. I mean how awesome is that? Plus, I think this may just be the perfect recipe to try out with my 4 year old son to introduce him to the art of baking.

The second recipe I found is even simpler if you can believe it. Only two ingredients: any cake mix you like and a 15 ounce can of pumpkin pie filling. From what I understand, you can also use sweet potato pie filling as well. Mix these two ingredients together and you will have super tender and moist pumpkin muffins! I know isn't that crazy? These muffins are extremely versatile. You can use white cake mix, spice cake mix, chocolate cake mix, gluten free cake mix, chocolate chips or pumpkin pie spice mixed in. Honestly, the sky is the limit with these and they are quick, easy, and healthy. Pretty exciting if you ask me. You can find the complete recipe along with great pics at Sweet Verbena. Check it out and post comments if you try out the recipes. Let me know what you think.

Happy Baking my little suga muffins and remember to follow me on Pinterest as well so that you can keep on top of all my new discoveries.

Until next time,

 Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment