Monday, December 19, 2011

Oh. No.

Happy first day of winter vacation everyone! I woke up to my son tiptoeing into my room and watching my husband and I all sneakily. It was so hard to get myself out of bed, but I did and went straight to make my son's breakfast. He asked for cereal and chooses an unopened box of Honey Bunches of Oats. I take out the bag to open it, pull on either direction and all of a sudden the bag explodes open and I have cereal raining down all over me and the kitchen. That had never happened to me and needless to say I was not amused.

As I pick up cereal-y goodness from the stove, counters, floor and of course my hair, I realize that my chest feels heavy. So do my eyes. The back of my head hurts. Actually, upon further examination my whole face hurts. Then the realization dawns. Oh. NO!!!! I can not be sick the week of Christmas! I will not be sick! There is so much to do. So many people to see. Really!?! This just isn't fair. At. All. I blame this on my son's Pre-k cooties. Even though I am a former teacher, I am still not immune to the suckers. Oh well, I guess I have to suck it up and get going to the Post Office and to the store for groceries even though all I want to do is sleep like Rip Van Winkle. I think I'll allow myself to watch "Olive, the Other Reindeer" first as I eat my breakfast and try to keep up my reserves of Christmas cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment